As mentioned in my last post, I'm earning what's basically a small part-time income from qutebrowser donations - thanks again to everyone who's donating money, it means a lot!
To pay it forward, I decided to donate to some of the projects qutebrowser is relying on:
- 3$ per month (indefinitely) to Ned Batchelder of coverage.py
- 1$ per month (indefinitely) to the Homebrew package manager for macOS
- 50$ to Pallets, the organization behind Flask and Jinja2
- 50$ to the Python Software Foundation
- 42€ to Hartmut Goebel of PyInstaller
- 15€ to mgedmin of check-manifest
If your own project relies on libraries taking donations and you can afford to do so, I'd encourage you to do the same! It doesn't have to be a lot: As I've experienced with qutebrowser, a lot of small donations can make a big difference.