Apart from fixing some QtWebEngine bugs, yesterday and today I made some big progress with the web element code. I successfully split the web element code into a generic and a QtWebKit part, and then did a first implementation of the web element code for QtWebEngine, which made :navigate prev and :navigate forward work.
After implementing some more missing web element stubs (and adding a missing .lower() call), I got :open-editor to work as well.
By chance I noticed that flake8 (one of the Python linters qutebrowser is using) also didn't do much anymore, which was due to me not passing a file path to it. I fixed that and also cleaned up some issues which went unnoticed in the meantime.
I planned to work on the hint drawing code, but since various pull requests related to hints were opened today, I decided to postpone that to after they are merged.